Useful CoreMIDI and CoreAudio Links
Here's a list of useful CoreMIDI and CoreAudio resource I've come across while writing my current iOS application.
There are a surprising number of example projects available involving CoreAudio. The problem is that they're hard to find. When I first searched I found hardly anything. After several days of digging I had a large amount of reference material.
- An iOS tone generator - an introduction to AudioUnits
- Apple example - loading: AUPreset, DLS2 sound bank and SoundFont into an AUGraph using an AUSampler
- Library of SoundFonts
- Ultimate CoreMIDI Tutorial for iPhone and iPad - learn how to open, parse and play multi-timbral MIDI
- Karaoke Starter Kit for iPhone and iPad - learn how to make a karaoke app for the iPhone
- MIDI Animation and Karaoke Starter Kit for iOS - make a MIDI animation with karaoke lyrics
- Writing a custom MIDI parser using CoreMIDI
- MIDI Brain dump part 1: CoreMIDI and iOS
- MIDI Brain dump part 2: Writing a basic iPhone MIDI app
- MIDI Brain dump part 3: CoreMIDI - Clocks and Threads
- MusicSequenceSetUserCallback useful information
- Learning Core Audio: A Hands-On Guide to Audio Programming for Mac and iOS This book is incredibly useful. I highly recommend taking out a months membership of Safari Books if you seriously want to get into CoreAudio.
- Programming iOS 5: Has a good section of CoreMIDI in iOS 5
- iPhoneMixerEQGraphTest demonstrates how to build an Audio Unit Graph connecting a MultiChannel Mixer to the iPodEQ unit then to the RemoteIO unit
- Create an iOS audio processing graph containing a Sampler audio unit with sounds from an AUPreset file
- Synth app for iPhone
- Really useful CoreMidi library and example iOS CoreMidi app
- The PlaySoftMIDI project uses a sequence of audio units, including the DLSSynth, PeakLimiter, and DefaultOutput units, to play back a specified MIDI file
- Build a USB MIDI driver
If you've found any useful sites you can post links to them on our forum.